Description of Antarctica
Antarctica is located on the Antarctic Region continent (continent mostly south of the Antarctic Circle - geographical coordinates of the country: 90 00 S, 0 00 E).
According to the latest census, the population of Antarctica is 0 inhabitants.
These are people, who lived in cities and who have citizenship of Antarctica. The area of Antarctica is 14,000,000 square kilometers.
The capital of Antarctica is .
Some facts about Antarctica
|Population of country
|Area of Antarctica
||14,000,000 sq. kilometers
|Located on the continent
||Antarctic Region (AN)
|Capital of Antarctica
|Currency at Antarctica
|Phone country code
|FIPS code of Antarctica
Gallery of Antarctica
More information about Antarctica
Climate of Antarctica:
- Australia, Chile, and Argentina claim Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) rights or similar over 200 nm extensions seaward from their continental claims, but like the claims themselves, these zones are not accepted by other countries
- 21 of 28 Antarctic consultative nations have made no claims to Antarctic territory (although Russia and the US have reserved the right to do so) and do not recognize the c
Terrain of Antarctica:
- severe low temperatures vary with latitude, elevation, and distance from the ocean
- East Antarctica is colder than West Antarctica because of its higher elevation
- Antarctic Peninsula has the most moderate climate
- higher temperatures occur in January along the coast and average slightly below freezing
Antarctica also has such useful resources as: about 98% thick continental ice sheet and 2% barren rock, with average elevations between 2,000 and 4,000 meters; mountain ranges up to nearly 5,000 meters; ice-free coastal areas include parts of southern Victoria Land, Wilkes Land, the Antarctic Peninsula area, and parts of Ross Island on McMurdo Sound; glaciers form ice shelves along about half of the coastline, and floating ice shelves constitute 11% of the area of the continent.
Top cities of Antarctica
||-77.65535 x 168.22266